Thursday, April 12, 2012

Travel Much?

Hey Beauties!
Recently I have had the opportunity to travel overseas, and the experience was phenomenal.
I traveled to Rome, Paris and London.
In honor of this, I would like to talk about how I packed my makeup for overseas travel.

This was taken in Heathrow, boarding a train on the first day. We were heading into the city, in which we would then walk about 6 miles the first day!

The Makeup High and Low points in order:

Day one : preparing to travel

Im the girl who pack and packs and packs to the point of over packing, then I take things out and then put them back...this process repeats several times before I am statisfied with what I packed. I packed everything that I thought I would use, and then a little extra.

What I used:
The first day, I wore my BB creme and set it with my bareminerals matte foundation, then I used my bad to the bronze tattoo eyeshadow, and my taupe liner from physicians formula.

The verdict:
It held up pretty well, better then foundation would have, but after a 7 hour plane ride, and 4 hours in heathrow, I was itching to wash my face. However we were touring all day so, I used makeup wipes on my face, left my eyes alone and reapplied my BB creme.

Day 2:
This was the first and only day, that I was able to complete my whole makeup routine. I dont remember the products used, but I did a full face of foundation, highlight, bronzer, eyeshadow, liner, mascara, and lipstick/gloss.

Days 3 through 7:
Over the course of these days , my makeup routine changed alot. It gradually became shorter and shorter, as I became more tired. I still kept to the basics of foundation, bronzer, mascara and liner and well as lipgloss or lipstick, but the amounts I used and the products varied.


Days 8,9,and 10.
The last three days, were spent in Rome, where my routine stayed the same, I had finally figured out timing and what products worked for me. I was so sleep deprived at this point it was scarey, but being a theater major, you get used to not sleeping. My foundation routine was lighter though, because in Rome, the seasons were changing, it was hotter there, and so heavy makeup just wouldn't do.

The picture above was taken on the terrace in our villa, it is private. The villa was just beautiful, and this was winter;I can only imagine how the summer looks! This was the last day before we left. We had a full day of touring, and then we were heading home. Unfortunately due to a turn of events, we were delayed. The workers for the airline we were using went on strike and so we were delayed an extra day.

The above and below picture were taken the day before I left, this is an indicator of my everyday makeup routine. As you can see one picture is in color the other in black and white. This is 2 in the morning or so, so forgive me if it seems less than perfect.



The Verdict: I know now what products I can limit it down to and what I absolutely need to travel with.
pictures coming soon :-)

More on traveling, and other beautiful finds in both the makeup department and everyday life, coming soon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment