Monday, April 16, 2012

my ever evolving tastes: a new eyeliner obsession

Hey Beauties,

Anyone who knows me, knows that my tastes are always evolving. It can be food, or clothes, guys, and yes even makeup. I dont know why I am this way, its been this way since I was a little girl. Some things in life I view in extremes of "Black" and "White", while others are extensively varying shades of grey. What can I say, Im just weird like that :)

Im sure when It comes to makeup many of  you do what I do. I can love a technique or a product one day and then absolutely hate it the next.  A prime example of this would be eyeliner. In this past week alone, I have used gel liner/cream liner, pencils and liquid liner. In some cases, the look that you are trying to achive does change the type of eye liner that you can use. However, I feel that in my case at least, there is always a consistancy I favor at one time or another.

Right now Im loving liquid eyeliner. Its been a while since I have used a liquid eyeliner, for a long time I have liked the softer, smoked out and smudged look that could only be achived by a soft pencil, and im some cases a cream liner. Now? Ive fallen in love with a deep, dark, crisp dramatic line. This can only be achived by a liquid liner.

This transformation in my way of thinking, started when I picked up a new product a few months ago. While shopping at Macy's, spending money that I couldnt really afford to spend ( LOL), I saw one of the girls working the counter had this gorgeous blue sparkled liner on. I couldnt look away from her eyes! When I asked what she was wearing, she smiled brightly and pointed to the Stila display. There I found a selection of sparkly eyeliners that would change my world.

This liner was Stila's Sparkle Waterproof Eyeliner (In Electric):
This has become one of my favorite eyeliners and I have found a way to incorporate it into many color selections.

Today I went out and bought:
Rimmel London's Exaggerate Bold Liquid Eyeliner ( In 100% Black)
Im loving how this applies, and the pigmentation is just "WOW". Ill see how I like it in the long run , then post a review.


Stay Strong, Stay Smart, Stay Beautiful,                                                                                 
XOXO Taylor                                                                                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment