Friday, July 13, 2012

Life as a LUNAtic: Unsensored -Week 1

Hey Beautiful People <3

Aww its been a tough week for me, and so to blow off some steam, I figured I would Blog It Out.

           At the end of March I started working as a LUNAtic, I'm on the promotions team for Luna park. Its an amazing job. The first few weeks were challenging, but fun, and I had a team of girls who were a blast to work with. The original LUNA team consisted of Mary, Judy, Ally, Chelsea, and I. We were the "dream team" as Mary and I call it now. Our bosses, who will only be named as D and K, did an amazing job putting our team together. Every day, we looked forward to coming to work, and bounced ideas off of each other, inspired each other, and motivated each other. The time would fly, and I found myself wanting to work more and more hours.

As time went on, we lost some members of our team, Ally and Chelsea had to leave us unfortunately.
There were a couple weeks when Judy, Mary and I were on our own, and those weeks were hard for us. We wanted to have a full team again, but as the saying goes be careful what you wish for...

Even before we finalized the girls on our team, we had the addition of Chris.
Chris is a DIVA, spelled exactly like that, all capitals, no lowercase. He thinks that he is gods gift to women, its disgusting...and somehow, because I don't meet his "standards" and could care less about his opinions, I have become the object if his harassment.

I have seen my fair share of bully-ish behavior, and usually I can deal. I have had so much experience in this field, it is scary. Somehow, having this in a work environment, is just setting me off.

After weeks of dealing with his comments, gestures, laughing and pointing, I hit my limit....and had a mental break down.

Its hard when a group of three girls is doing the same amount of work that all six of us are supposed to be getting done. Its more then hard, its infuriating.

I will go into the fun parts of the week, and how my friendship with one of the girls(Vera) developed, but right now I'm just wondering how I'm going to make it through the summer...I'm just so depressed, Ive literally shut down, and I know how I get when I'm like this...I don't want to spend my summer upset.

D said he will take care of it....he is so great to us. Here's hoping I don't lose my mind.
( or whats left anyway...)

I guess we shall talk more in a little bit,

Stay Beautiful,
Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment